Sunday, July 1, 2012

Casa dolce casa.

I'm hoooommmmeeee!!!! :D

Friday! My mom and I slept in a bit, then got up to head to lunch at Rainforest Cafe! That is one of my favorite places to eat.  It reminds me of my youth... Then we headed to Madame Tussauds Wax Museum.  The place was a mad house.  There were a ton of people there pushing and shoving and being rude... Oh well.  We had fun anyway.  There was a little ride and a theatre inside of the museum.  It was pretty cool! After the wax museum, we walked around for the rest of the day.  We went into some stores and had a lovely stroll down Regent Street.  For the last supper, we ate at Garfunkles.  They have a pretty good salad bar.  We went back to the hotel room to pack up our things and get to bed at a decent hour.

Twihard right there.

Audrey.

The Biebs... looking like an 11 year old...

TEXAS.

Count down to the Olympics in Trafalgar Square!

Trafalgar Square!

Saturday! We got up super early to head to the airport to go HOME! AH! The whole process to even get onto the plane was complicated.  The flight was about 10 hours, but we were on the plane for about an hour or two longer because there were thunderstorms by the airport.  Good ole Texas weather.  My grandparents picked us up from the airport.  They brought my pug Yoda with them! It was good to see him.  :) I went to bed around 8 or 9 because I was so exhausted... then I woke up around 5...  Oh, jet lag.  Aaaannnd it was my daddy's birthday!!!! He would have been 54.  Miss him so much...

Well.  So.  I did it.  I did the whole study abroad thing.  I would definitely recommend studying abroad to anyone in college.  Don't let the cost be the reason you don't go.  There are many scholarship opportunities that I found and I can assure you that it is well worth the price.  I just can't believe that it's over... Honestly, sometimes I didn't like it.  There were days when it seemed like the time was dragging by.  I was out of my comfort zone and there was no way to get into a daily routine because every day was different.  I was tired, I couldn't work out the way I like, I had to eat food that I didn't want to eat... but it was all part of the experience.  That whole culture shock thing exists, but I don't think it was as bad as the orientation people led me to believe.  I was ready to go home when the time came, but not because I didn't like where I was.  I missed my friends and family.  I missed hanging out with my Fish Camp, Fade to Black, and spending time with my friends in an environment that I knew and understood.  As it turns out, I hate eating pasta and pizza every day.  I also hate getting lost and wandering around without purpose or direction.  And the food in Italy is not as amazing as everyone says.  You can find some glimmers of goodness, but it doesn't happen very often.  It's expensive.  I don't understand how Italians can afford to eat out when they do wine, first course, second course, and dessert.  Yes some of it wasn't so great, but there was so much more good that overshadowed all of this.  I loved living with Christin, Shannon, and Diane.  We had so much fun together.  Getting to go through that whole experience with good friends that you adore is the most amazing blessing.  I met some wonderful people on our program, and I have some awesome memories.  I got to travel every weekend.  Sure it was exhausting and we all hated "walking guided tours" by the end of it, but wow.  I traveled all over Italy and I was able to go back to London.  I saw some of the most beautiful sights in the world with some of my favorite people.  I am so thankful that I was able to do this, and I hope that I will be able to travel to Europe again soon.

So I guess this is the end of my blog.  I hope you all have enjoyed it as much as I have.

Thanks and gig 'em! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment